This is an exciting new programme for Londoners aged 16-24 who want to create businesses centred around sports and physical activities that can make a real difference in their community.
The free programme from Go! London Partnership and the School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) has two parts of Incubate and Grow.
Incubate will run in January 2023 and offer 20 young people one-to-one support and four training workshops where they will:
- craft a business plan with personalised guidance from experienced SSE learning facilitators
- develop essential entrepreneurial and leadership skills through four empowering workshops
- learn the art of pitching business ideas like a pro.
Ten of those young people will then be chosen to take part in Grow, which will run between March 2024 and February 2025 and offer a year-long programme and grant of up to £15,000 to kickstart their new ventures.
The programme will offer:
- 8 collaborative learning sessions with fellow young entrepreneurs
- the power of “Action Learning Sets” designed to foster knowledge sharing among leaders
- personalised one-on-one Action Clinics with the expert entrepreneurship team
- valuable insights and guidance from an experienced business mentor
- networking with a diverse community of social entrepreneurs
- a grand graduation event.
The closing date for applications is 1pm on Monday 20 November 2023.
For full details and to apply, visit the SSE Go! London Young Entrepreneur’s Start Up Programme webpage.