The Family Information Service delivered by Achieving for Children (AfC) offers a free and impartial telephone and web service providing information for parents and carers, parents to be and professionals working with children aged 0-20 years, or up to 25 years for those with Special Educational Needs or disabilities. This includes:
- Information about childcare locally including childminders, nurseries and preschool
- A brokerage service for parents who need support when looking for childcare
- Information about help to pay for childcare
- Advice about early education funding for 2 to 4 year olds including 30 hour childcare offer
- Support groups and parenting information.
The SEND Local Offer provides information and advice about services and activities for children with special educational needs and disabilities up to the age of 25 and support and advice for parent carers. It includes education, health and social care and a wide range of activities and providers that meet the needs of families with disabled children.
The AfC Single Point of Access has been developed as a single gateway for all incoming contacts into children’s services, providing support to Kingston and Richmond communities. If you need support, or have a concern about a child or young person call 020 8547 5008.
Kingston and Richmond Safeguarding Children’s Partnership (KRSCP) is a partnership body which oversees child protection and safeguarding in the borough, bringing partners together and ensuring that a high standard of compliance is maintained. Richmond CVS represents the voluntary sector on a number of KRSCP sub committees.