Supporting the voluntary sector in Richmond
We are an independent infrastructure organisation, providing dedicated support to the many Voluntary and Community Sector organisations in the borough of Richmond upon Thames.
We are funded by Richmond Council to deliver three support contracts for the sector, under the branding Community Connections Richmond:
- Strategic Leadership, Voice and Representation – supports voluntary groups to have voice
- Richmond Volunteer Service - supports local people to volunteer in their community
- Capacity Building Service - helps voluntary groups to develop and thrive
- provide the Strategic Lead function for the children and young people’s voluntary sector and offer specific support for organisations working in this area
- run a Community Involvement service which works with individuals who use local health and care services to inform and shape service design and delivery
We receive grants and fees from a range of bodies and use these to achieve our charitable objectives and deliver a range of services to support member organisations and the voluntary sector as a whole.
Membership of Richmond CVS is free and open to charitable, voluntary and community groups working in the borough of Richmond upon Thames. Our Board of Trustees is elected by our members.
We are a member of the South London CVS Partnership alongside counterpart organisations in Kingston, Merton, Sutton, Croydon and Bromley.
Respect for Diversity
Richmond CVS is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and opposes discrimination in all its forms for service users, staff and volunteers.
Respect for diversity and difference underpins Richmond CVS’ vision of a fair, open and inclusive society that encourages and supports voluntary and community sector activity.
Get in touch
You're in the right place for help with fundraising, volunteer recruitment or high quality training. See what we can do for you.