The PRS’ Open Fund supports high quality new music projects (not programmes) with grants of up to £10,000.
Their definition of a project is an activity which has a clearly defined start and end date and clear and tangible musical outcomes or objectives that, when attained, signify completion.
The areas of their funding support includes:
- Creation of new music
- Music Creator fee (to cover your time and work)
- Touring and live performances/programming featuring new UK music
- Commissions of new music by UK-based creators
- Music creator residencies
- Recording and release
- Exciting community projects involving high-quality music creators
- Promotion and marketing (when there is also an element of creation and/or performance)
Funded projects are expected to take place within 1 year of receiving a grant, unless Covid-19 leads to a to mutually agreed to extended timeframe. The planned activity date must be at least 10 weeks after the application deadline.
See the full details at the PRS website.