The Henry Smith Charity aims to help people and communities at a time of need and to bring about positive change.
They award grants under a number of categories that honour the spirit of Henry Smith’s will and interpret his charitable ethos for modern society. These include:
- Improving Lives – £20,000 – £60,000 to support projects and running costs for 1-3 years for small and medium sized organisations in the UK
- Strengthening Communities – £20,000 – £60,000 for 1-3 years to support running costs for small community based organisations in the most deprived areas of the UK
- Holiday Grants – one-off small grants of up to £2,500 for recreational trips and holidays for groups of children aged up to 13 years who are disabled or disadvantaged. Priority is given the UK’s 20% most deprived areas
- Christian Projects – grants of £10,000+ usually for 1-2 year to support projects that explicitly promote the Christian faith, helping to grow faith communities and churches.
- Kindred – grants, help and support for individuals descended from the family of the charity’s founder, Henry Smith.
For more details, visit the Henry Smith Charity website.