This programme will award 7 two-year grants across England of up to £800,000 to portfolios of projects, which will work regionally to develop better, more joined up lasting support for local veterans with mental health needs.
To be eligible for this funding, you must be a registered charity that specifically supports Armed Forces communities, that has been registered for at least three years at the time of your application.
It is expected that a Portfolio Lead organisation would have the following.
- Detailed knowledge of the needs of veterans in the country or region that their portfolio application is based on
- Evidence of existing work with statutory and voluntary partners on veteran pathway development
- Evidence of significant experience in delivering support to veterans with complex mental health needs.
The themes for the funding are:
- giving veterans safe, welcoming places to go in their local area
- supporting veterans to access mental health support and treatment pathways that meet their needs
- ensuring the people who support veterans (staff and particularly volunteers) can access good quality training and can have better access to connect veterans into wider pathways.
This is a complex programme and any organisation considering applying to be a Portfolio Lead should read the full guidance carefully.
Read the full details at the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust website.