oneRichmond has successfully secured funding from the National Lottery Community Fund, Covid-19 Response Programme to fund local groups who are directly supporting vulnerable young people in Richmond who are at risk during crisis.
Organisations are invited to apply for grants to address one or more of their following priorities:
- Increased provision for accessible counselling support
- Increased mentoring/peer support programmes for young people concerned about their future and who may be also experiencing mental health issues
- Social activities and opportunities for disabled young people, young people with SEN, care leavers and young carers to reduce feelings of isolation, reconnect to the community and improve well-being
- Youth diversion activities for those involved, or at risk of becoming involved, in the criminal justice system
- Developing appropriate support that is accessible and sensitive to the needs of LGBTQ+ young people
Grants are likely to be in the range of £2,500 to £10,000 and will not be to support large capital requests.
The deadline for application is 5 February 2021 with decisions likely to be given in early March.
For full details, including how to apply, visit the oneRichmond website.