This Trust offers small grants to help fund humanitarian projects and activities.
They look to support registered charities with projects involving any of the following characteristics:
- the project or activity has been initiated by people living at the grassroots who are empowered to find the solutions to their own problems;
- the project has a relatively simple, clear set of objectives and actions that further the vision of the Trust;
- the project develops the capacity of individuals, their communities or their institutions helping them to help themselves;
- the project enhances the learning of individuals, their communities or their institutions;
- the project’s beneficiaries participate in the management and running of the project or activity; and
- the project’s beneficiaries have suffered, or are suffering, from injustice, poverty or personal circumstances that are difficult for the individual to overcome without assistance.
Levels of grant are usually a maximum of 3,000 but very occasionally, are up to £5,000.
The trustees meet twice a year and the deadlines to submit applications are:
- end of February (for May)
- end of August (for November.
For full details, visit the Ashworth Trust website.