Salary: £18,192 – £19,515 per annum (£27,500 – £29,500 FTE) / 30 hours per week
Are you passionate about outdoor learning, with a personal commitment to environmental sustainability? Do you have the ability to inspire and engage others to understand and respect their environment?
The River Thames Boat Project is a charity with a 30 year history and two community boats on the River Thames. They are passionate about making the Thames accessible and delivering fun and dynamic education and learning activities. Their boats are wheelchair accessible.
They are looking for an experienced and motivated Education Manager to lead their successful environmental education programmes on board their converted Dutch barge, Thames Venturer.
The main focus of the role is to deliver the current school programmes of School on the River and Eco-Venturers. You will be joining a small staff team of three people, who are supported by about 70 volunteers. Volunteers are key to delivering the organisation’s activities and the successful candidate will need to work collaboratively with both the volunteer and staff team.
The right person for this role should be/have:
- educated to degree level with a teaching qualification
- a solid understanding of geography and environmental science
- experience of working with primary school children
- experience of recruiting, managing and training volunteers to deliver environmental education programmes
- excellent communication, IT and interpersonal skills
- the ability to publicise and market programmes and interact with existing and potential schools and clients
The hours for this position are 30 per week, during term time only and on a flexible basis. The location of the role covers riverside locations in Teddington, Kingston, occasionally Tower Bridge, and the office in Teddington.
This post is subject to DBS clearance at enhanced level.
For full details and an application pack, please visit the River Thames Boat Project website.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24 January 2020.