Homelink Day Respite Care Centre is recruiting a new Chief Executive Officer to join and lead their team from January 2020.
After twelve happy and successful years at the charity, Homelink’s current CEO is ready to hand over to a new leader to continue to deliver excellence in care and develop support for carers. The Board of Trustees is therefore seeking to appoint a new CEO who will be responsible for agreeing the strategic direction of the charity with them and then implementing the management and administration of the organisation within the agreed strategic framework.
Homelink Day Respite Care Centre is open weekdays (closing for breaks at Easter and Christmas) for up to 28 clients to attend to enable their carer at home to have a much needed break. As well as supporting the carer in this way, a day at the centre is an enriching experience for clients, through individually tailored activities that offer stimulation and socialisation. Clients come to Homelink with a variety of conditions Homelink specialises in dementia care. Their service is delivered from a four year old, purpose-built, dementia friendly centre which grant funding was received for.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong experience in:
- leading and managing an organisation
- evidence of building strong networks and developing opportunities
- experience of operating budgets and management accounts
- a sound understanding of the charitable and voluntary sector including legal requirements and governance
- successful experience in fundraising
- familiarity of charity policies and procedures to ensure good practice
- working closely with a Board and delivering reports
- past evidence of implementing new successful initiatives
The post holder will have excellent communication skills and the confidence and ability to lead, inspire and motivate. Above all, they will embrace the ethos of the charity and the people that it supports. A background in the care sector would be advantageous. The Homelink team currently consists of 22 paid staff and 60 volunteers.
For all enquiries about this vacancy and/or a copy of the job description, person specification and application form please email email@example.com in the first instance.
The deadline for applications is Friday 8 November 2019.
Interviews will be held throughout November 2019.
For more information on Homelink and their work, visit the Homelink website.